Thank you for your interest in becoming a Polaris Music Prize jury member. If you are selected, you will be asked to contribute in the following ways:
- Voting on a Long List ballot of 5 titles.
- Voting on a Short List ballot of 5 titles from the Long List.
- Mandatory participation in a private online forum that recommends and discusses records for consideration with fellow jurists.
- Possible selection for the 11 person Grand Jury that decides the winner.
When inviting new jury members we consider:
- Diversity in taste.
- Local music knowledge.
- Regular contributions to the media of your engagement.
- Geographic diversity.
- Ethnic diversity.
- Gender diversity.
- Language diversity.
- We also consider how new additions to the jury affect the overall balance of the criteria listed above.
Any musical activity with or financial interest in an artist / musician must be declared in advance as a conflict of interest. Some activities that we consider conflicts include (but are not limited to):
- Concert promoting
- Record promoting or record company work
- Agency representation
- Where there is a conflict, these specific artists and their recordings cannot be proposed or discussed by you in the online forum or selected on your ballot, nor can any discussion related to that artist be relayed back to that artist.